UltraBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

We are no longer using 2checkout as a payment gateway due to the fact we take credit cards directly. All 2CO users have been re assigned to "credit card". You can still however select paypal or mail in payment from the invoice drop down menu. Thank you!

Moderated by: Marty
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Play Pickle Virus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2011 03:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jim
Head Cheese

Mana: 
User Gallery
So sorry if the support request have been slow tonight.. been battling the "Play Pickle" virus on a customers computer.

Don't go to their site if you run windows (most normal humans) but if you have crossed the line of being sick of viruses and use Linux or a mac go there and read.

They have a disclaimer relieving them from responsibility if you get a virus. Legally protecting them.

What kid is going to read down 19 paragraphs before they download a game? The pickle even resembles Larry from veggie tales, or perhaps all pickles look the same to me.

This is the biggest stupidest scamming company I have witnessed yet. What is next? A wood chipper that says "Enter Here" with a smiling Elmo face then a disclaimer scribed on the tines explaining they accept no responsibility for bodily harm?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Nov 22nd, 2011 12:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Marty
Helpy Helper

Mana: 
User Gallery
The disclaimer will not serve to protect them in actual court. Kind of like those stupid things people put on the bottom of their emails that say "If you received this email in error, please delete, blah blah blah".

It doesn't actually mean anything... just an old "internet" wives tale... Legal "contracts" cannot preclude you from prosecution in illegal activities.

Now... tell me about this Pickle Game.... Sounds pretty fun! :-)

Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
ranger

Mana: 
User Gallery
any info on how to remove pickleplay??

Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jim
Head Cheese

Mana: 
User Gallery
Be careful of the "fixes" you find on the internet, some of them are destructive.

Will it let you look at your startup folder? I did beat it eventually but I'm pretty sure this one blatantly puts the startup in the startup folder.

It's been a while, what OS are you using?

Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ranger

Mana: 
User Gallery
running xp pro latest updates / security essentials

after reboot I think spy bot has removed  it

strange didnt  prompt for reboot but I seen some spybot commands  in the start up so rebooted scanned and its clean might be some hidden stuff not sure
I found it just looking thru folders found some  names I did not recognize

Posted: Sat Feb 4th, 2012 11:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jim
Head Cheese

Mana: 
User Gallery
Yeah I remember it being nasty, and had actually carried a lot of adware in with it. Constant popups.

Let us know if it comes back, spybot was great at one point but lack of funding because it is free has made the crew rather overworked. I stopped using it a year ago.

Current time is 01:56 pm  
UltraBB Forums > General Area > Chit Chat > Tech Talk > Play Pickle Virus Top

Hosting

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems, INC.
Page processed in 0.3698 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 25 queries executed.