Posted: Tue May 7th, 2013 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
KarenEdwards

Name: 
Interests: 
Mana: 
User Gallery
Several years ago, ASA set up a WOWBB message board (see http://members.asanet.org/forums/). The person who set it up for us (it's hosted on an external server at our database company) is long gone. She used WOWBB. As you can see, it is dead. (The only posts that are ever made these days are about cash for gold and video games--not related to sociology. I delete those as the admin.) We are going to shut them down, but I want to do a backup of the content before doing that. It's certainly not a lot of content, but when I try to backup the database from the admin panel, I end up with a .sql file that's about 800 BYTES.

The entire content of the file is below. (There's a password that I've replaced with asterisks--but it's not even a password I recognize, so I don't know what it is.) Can anyone help me with why this isn't working? Thank you so much:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  passthru() [<a href='function.passthru'>function.passthru</a>]: Unable to fork [mysqldump --host=localhost --port=3306 --user=root --password=****--quick --add-drop-table --extended-insert MessageBoard wowbb_attachments wowbb_cache wowbb_categories wowbb_emoticons wowbb_forum_permissions wowbb_forums wowbb_mana_transfers wowbb_manas wowbb_moderators wowbb_notifications wowbb_pm wowbb_pm_folders wowbb_pm_texts wowbb_poll_options wowbb_poll_questions wowbb_poll_votes wowbb_post_texts wowbb_posts wowbb_sessions wowbb_topics wowbb_user_groups wowbb_users wowbb_visitor_log wowbb_watched_forums wowbb_payment_gateways wowbb_subscription_types wowbb_transactions wowbb_calendar wowbb_profile_fields wowbb_resources] in <b>D:\WebSite\members.asanet.org\Forums\admin.php</b> on line <b>2408</b><br />

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 7th, 2013 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jim
Head Cheese

Name: Jim
Interests: Software
Mana: 
User Gallery
There are restrictions on the server keeping the board routine from working. You will have to use phpMyAdmin (included with most hosting accounts) or SSH to back up the database.

And welcome to the board :)

Using UltraBB would cut down on the spam substantially.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 02:55 pm  
UltraBB Forums > WowBB > Software Assistance > WowBB Backup Not Working Top

Hosting

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2012 Data 1 Systems, INC.
Page processed in 0.1457 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 24 queries executed.